MVNO Techtell migrates entire business to Telness Tech platform
Business operator TechTell has switched to a platform from Telness Tech. Here, Sara Rasmussen and Sam Kjellkvist talk about the collaboration and the plans going forward.
May 10, 2023
In September of 2019, a new operator in the business segment saw the light of day. Tolv mobil has since grown steadily and currently has just over 3,000 end customers.
Last summer, the company started a dialogue with Telness Tech and began to explore the possibilities of a collaboration.
- It was love at first sight, says Sara Rasmussen, commercial manager at Telness Tech.
- We immediately realised that we had very similar values and both put customer satisfaction first, adds Sam Kjellkvist.
He is CEO of Techtell, which Tolv mobil is now called. This year in April, the company switched to Telness Tech's platform.
- In connection with our change of service provider to Telness Tech, we also felt that it was time for us to do something new. TechTell symbolizes new, fresher technology that gives our customers a unique user experience.
"Opens the door for more advanced solutions"
It's still the same organization and awesome customer service. But now we have access to a portal that enables customers to administer their subscriptions themselves, in a simple way, says Sam Kjellkvist.
The company has eight employees and is located in Helsingborg. But the customers are not only to be found in northwestern Skåne, but all over the country.
- We are experts in small business owners. Companies with 3 to 30 users. The platform is an excellent fit for this segment. At the same time, we open the door for more advanced solutions and other segments. I can't see that the platform has any limitations.
Automation is a key for the company. Techtell's customers must be able to make four out of five changes themselves.
- If you are a customer of TechTell, you should be able to make 4 out of 5 changes yourself, but if you feel that you would rather call customer service, you will get an answer within 22 seconds and the person who answers knows who you are. With us, customers have a name and are not just seen as a digit.
Despite the company's small size, they have set ambitious growth targets.
- Our short-term goal is for both us and our customers to learn the new platform, but long-term we also have an ambition to be the obvious choice for Swedish companies.
In connection with the platform change, Techtell has also changed network provider from Tele2 to Telenor. According to Sam Kjellqvist, the migration of customers has exceeded all expectations.
- We have only lost 25 out of 3,000 customers since the migration. Of course, you never want to lose customers, but it is actually an absolutely incredible result.
"You shouldn't need to have a lot of employees doing manual processes"
Telness Techs are of course also positive about the collaboration. The company's commercial manager Sara Rasmussen sees the partnership as an important milestone for Telness Group's (NCG) subsidiary, which was started in 2021.
- This is very big for us. We have gone from previously delivering smaller parts of the platform, typically PBX solutions, to now delivering complete solutions to MVNOs, and Techtell will be our first external MVNO to which we deliver an entire platform.
What is the strength of your solution?
- We have a very strong focus on the customer experience, regardless of whether it is about the end customers, as in Techtell's case, or the administrators who will work with the platform. The possibilities for automation are also a strength for us. You shouldn't need to have a lot of employees sitting with manual processes. Our platform enables a reduction of up to 80 percent of operating costs. Then our strength is also that we deliver a SaaS solution that allows us to collaborate with our customers in the product development itself. The solution we deliver is not static but is constantly being further developed.
The tech company invests internationally
Telness Group's tech company is currently investing in new international markets with its cloud-based telecom services.
- Right now we are evaluating strategic technical partnerships that will make Telness Tech's ADT platform even more competitive globally. Our plan is to be able to offer an end-to-end MVNx and MNO platform for mobile, pbx and iot from the front end and all the way down to the core, says Sara Rasmussen and continues:
- We have already established some exciting partnerships with companies that are specialists in their respective fields. One of which is with the company DigitalRoute, with which we can offer online charging on a completely cloud-based solution. This means that we can already offer a complete solution to MVNOs all the way from front end to core, including online charging.
What kind of functionality do you need to add to the platform for it to stand out internationally?
- Actually, not so much. Sweden and the Nordic countries are very far ahead. It's more about adding localization down towards the core. Then, of course, there are also specific needs in the international markets that the SME players want. But since we are a Saas company, it only contributes to synergies. All customers benefit from the platform's development, notes Sara Rasmussen.
You can read the article in swedish here >>
Contact us on email@example.com if you want more information on our platform.